It's never too early to plan out the big day. Read it, print it and keep it with you to make sure your moving day moves along easily
- Label "open me first" boxes for each room so you have what you need right off the bat in your new place.
- Keep boxes under 30 pounds. An easy way to do this is to keep a bathroom scale in the room where you're doing the packing.
- Take pictures of how complicated wiring is hooked up, so you can do it easily in your new place.
- Instead of lifting heavy furniture over and over, make a sketch of your rooms first so you can decide where things should go.
- Pack a suitcase with three days' worth of clothes and toiletries. This way, you won't have to unpack an entire roomful of boxes just to find a toothbrush.