Get the party essentials
- Your housewarming party can be a simple event. Let the new place be the main attraction. Your friends don't expect anything else.
- Rather than formal invitations, throw an "open house" style party where guests can drop by anytime in a range of hours.
- Serve different choices of finger foods in each room so guests can easily walk around and explore your new home.
- Don't overdo it on decorations. A few cheery floral arrangements will accentuate your new home without detracting from it.
- Have a guest book so friends can write their ideas or wishes for you in your new home. It's nice to get a few tips from friends before you get settled.